Real Estate

"What is most essential in maintaining a profitable real estate business in an economic recession?"
Topic: Real Estate
East House


Friday, April 26, 2013

Independent Component 2


LITERAL
(a) Statement saying: “I, Teodulo Crisanto, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.”
(b) MY textbook for the class that I have been taking has helped me. The book is Principles of Microeconomics, 5th edition, by N.G. Mankiw. Also my professor, Carsten Lange,  has helped me gain a better understanding of how economics applies to real estate.   
(d) The class that I have completed for my second independent component is EC 201 Principles of Economics.     

INTERPRETIVE
Every week I would have class for four hours a week, then dedicate two hours outside of class to studying for the assignments and quizzes. The class is still in progress and not due for completion until, the eleventh of June. My goal for the class is to obtain a B on the final and hopefully an A on the midterm. The class has helped me to understand the basics of economics and given me a new way to approach my senior topic as a science, which I do enjoy.  

APPLIED
The component has helped me understand the foundation of my essential question more than what any piece of research would have to offer. The component has helped me realized how integrated the real estate market is with the entire US economy. More on the foundation, the class is making me take a more scientific approach to my entire topic applying these principles of economics. Such as people respond to incentive, whether a positive or negative incentive people will respond. With that information in mind the impact of many government programs is better understood. Like with the Obama administration, they offered up to an $8,000 tax credit for first time buyers and have purchased a majority of mortgage backed securities in an attempt to gain control of the housing market. Also my independent component has helped me develop another answer for my essential question, improve on how you are using your working capital in order to maximize profits, because in this business profit is essential.     




No comments:

Post a Comment